To visit the Kingdom of Cambodia is more easy than visiting Thailand, Vietnam or Laos. Most countries can come to Cambodia without the need of a previous visa. Only 10 countries need a previous visa in order to enter Cambodia:
- Arab Saudi,
- Sri Lanka,
If you are not a citizen of those countries, you can come to Cambodia with your passport and get a visa upon arrival. Make sure your passport is okay, bring some photographs with you and 35 US dollars. Out of it, don’t pay nothing more. You can get your visa upon arrival in any Cambodian international gate.
The Cambodian government offers another option: the electronic visa (e-visa) that you can make online. The only authorized website to do so is https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ Other websites offering Cambodian e-visas will do it for you and charge you til 6 times the normal fee of it. In that website you can find all information on how to proceed. You need your passport, a photo to upload and your credit card.
Be aware that:
- It is only for a tourist visa. If you need another kind of visa, you have to apply in a Cambodian embassy or come to Cambodia as a tourist and visit the offices of the Immigration and request your new visa of student, work or business.
- The visa will have only one entrance. If you plan to leave Cambodia – for example to Vietnam – and return to Cambodia, you need to proceed a new visa.
- When you get your electronic visa, please print it in a very clear photocopier. Authorities can reject the visa at the entrance if it is not clear.
- If your visa is rejected at the entrance, they will ask you to make a visa upon arrival and you have to pay again.
- Electronic visas are accepted in some international gates, but not in all gates. Make sure your tour will cross the right gate. See this table with the port that accept the electronic visa:
Yes (Supports e Visa); No (Does not support e Visa)