Sihanoukville is an amazing combination of wonders: hills and sea, natural parks and luxury hotels, islands and pagodas. The largest Cambodian city at the south is becoming an authentic international destination, offering a good alternative for those who want to enjoy the Kingdom of Cambodia. Sihanoukville is located in one of the most beautiful bays of the world and its port is enlisted in the group of the most efficient sea ports of Asia. The perspective of the opening of its airport will facilitate visitors to reach the city from Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and other places by flight. The Ream National Park includes islands and a splendid variety of wild species. Dive in the warm waters, admire corals and take a rest on white beaches. Learn Khmer language in this city and know the warmest Cambodian people of the Kingdom of Wonders.
Sihanoukville is the head city of the Sihanouk Province (known also as Kompong Som). The city is located 230 kilometers south-east of Phnom Penh. The total extension of the province is 1,283 kilometers squares. It territory comprises the Sihanouk Bay, the Sihanoukville Autonomous Port, the Ream National Park, the Bokor National Park, the Veal Renh District and the Sihanoukville Archipelago.
The city is at the midway between the Thai and Vietnamese borders. The Sihanouk Province has a population of 221,396 inhabitants (2008 census). The ethnic composition is made especially of Khmer, but there is also Cham communities (Malay-Cambodians), Vietnamese-Cambodians and Barang (Western ethnics.)
The Sihanoukville Airport (18 kilometers from the port) is not yet in service. The recuperation of the train is under construction. The main access to the province is by bus from Phnom Penh. There are also bus and taxi services to Kompot City (going to Vietnam) and to Koh Kong Province (going to Thailand) by good condition roads.
- Sihanoukville Cambodia Dec 2010 (shimmeringsea.wordpress.com)
- The Khmer Wikipedia (cambodia1.wordpress.com)
- The Cambodia Daily going to Khmer (cambodia1.wordpress.com)
- Cambodian Christmas boom (cambodia1.wordpress.com)
- A Khmer Experiment (cambodia1.wordpress.com)
- Sun set at Sihanoukville (cambodialives.wordpress.com)
- A Romantic Cafe in a Cambodian mountain (cambodia1.wordpress.com)
- Back to Sihanoukville – Sihanoukville, Cambodia (travelpod.com)
- Police: 117
- Firefighters: 118
- Ambulance: 119
- Foreigners police assistance: 023-724793 / 023-366841 / 023-36684
- French, Italian, English police assistance: 017-816601 or 018-811542
- Public Hospital: 034-93311
- Report children in danger:012 478 100
- Cars in troubles & electricity problems: 088.95.98.088
- Urgent Khmer interpreter (translations, assistance in offices): 092.38.62.40 / 016.52.42.41
- Camboya en español: 097.96.75.042
- Electricity emergencies: 016 52 93 85