No Ebola cases in Cambodia
Although there are no reports of Ebola cases in Cambodia, the Ministry of Health warms people to be careful, especially if traveling to West African countries. As there is not a regular connectivity between South East Asia and the main affected countries like Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria, the Ministry considered that Cambodia is mostly out of danger, but monitoring the situation together with the World Health Organization. Nigerian citizens going or coming to their country from Cambodia are warned to keep precautions such avoiding blood, secretions and other body fluids from infected living or dead persons or animals.
The Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) broke out in Guinea on March 2014 and then spread to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria. As August 6 WHO reported 1,779 cases in those countries with 961 casualties. There are no reports of contamination out of West Africa, but all continents are doing controls in international gates to prevent the spread of the disease in a global scale.
Cambodia has a subspecies of the Megabat (Megachiroptera) or flying foxes, one of the main transmissor of EVD in West Africa. The Cambodian bat is known as Lyle’s flying fox, but the species is so far from West Africa that if there is any arrival of the virus in Southeast Asia, it would be through human travelers.
Note: Talking about bats, Cambodia has a great variety of them such as the Lyle’s flying fox that needs protection. It helps to fertilize the grows, among them the durian tree. Read more in this article by Dr. Neil Furey.
About Albeiro RodasAlbeiro Rodas (in Cambodia Sky Ly Samnang), is a MA in Digital Communication, independent journalist and a Salesian of Don Bosco from Amalfi, Colombia, based in Cambodia since 1999. He is the creator of the Don Bosco schools of journalism in Sihanoukville and Kep with young people from poor communities and the founder of the Don Bosco Kep Children Fund. Medal for Social Commitment UPB (2010); among the 100 more upstanding Colombians abroad (Marca Colombia, 2012, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39xwdGtVXI) and among the 12 Colombians that are making this a better world 2013 (http://www.colombia.co/en/culture/colombians-that-are-making-this-a-better-world.html).
|Alan on Teaching English to Cambo…|
|M Conner on Don´t take night buses in…|
|Anonymous on About Cambodia|
|Anonymous on Khmer language for Spanish…|
|Albeiro Rodas on Khmer language for Spanish…|
Top Posts & Pages
- Ten superstitions Cambodians believe and maybe you don't know
- Cambodian traffic practices
- At the Center of the Universe, ANGKOR WAT
- Don´t take night buses in Cambodia
- I’m sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling...
- Koh Tral in Cambodian sea platform
- Cambodian Law on Immigration
- The prison of Siem Reap
- Arriving to Cambodia
- Two overpopulation examples
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Restauran servicio de visa electrónicaEl sistema de visa electrónica de Camboya (e-Visa) ha sido restaurado después de estar algunos días por fuera de servicio debido a un proceso de mantenimiento. Sin embargo el sistema continúa con fallas, por lo que se recomienda viajar a Camboya y tramitar la visa a la llegada. Archivado en: Inmigración, Visa Tagged: e-Visa Cambodia, … Sigue leyendo → […]