Foreigners in Thailand
If you are traveling to Thailand in this moment or you are there, it is appropriate to take some security measures. Keep contact with your embassy. Traditionally, Thai political turbulences keep distance from the tourist industry, but be aware of incidents. Here some recommendations:
– Keep your passport and all travel documents with you all the time. Provide it to any authority if they request to see them.
– If you are travelling in group, please stay all the time in connection with your agency and the tour leaders, especially passing any security checkpoint.
– You have to know that the taxi services at the Suvarnabhumi Airport are available 24 hours. The taxis have a sticker displayed on the front windscreen as Suvarnabhumi Taxis. Please use them, because officials will allow access for those vehicles only.
– If you need any other information or assistance, contact the Survarnabhum Airport Call Center (number phone: 1722).
– Keep with you the number phone of your embassy or consulate and follow news.
– The press has been restricted (censorship). Please don’t take photos or videos of sensitive areas. Stay aways from political gatherings of security checkpoints.
– The army announced a countrywide curfew from 10PM to 5AM. Please follow instructions by the authorities.
Other interesting links: