The World Bank Report
You can get the World Bank report in this link. It is an extensive and very accurate research on East Asia. There are some facts about Cambodia we need to follow such as the lack of skilful workforce that would make the Cambodian economy vulnerable. But there are other facts to point out as well. Here I make a list of those facts described by the report in regard to Cambodia.
- Cambodia remains with a significant problem in malnutrition of children together with Papua New Guinea and Timor-Leste.
- We are among the faster labor productivity growings in the planet.
- Most Cambodians continue to work in the informal sector (primary sector) and not in wage and salaried employment. It is also because Cambodia continues to be a rather agricultural society.
- Cambodia rank poorly with regard to friendly investment climate (place 137 in the world.)
- In Cambodia training program relied more in centralized planning and government supply than by market demand.
- Cambodia is near the worst performance Micronesia limit in “ease of doing business” rank in East Asia.
- Cambodia is considered an agrarian society with near 80% of its population living in rural areas. It means we need to raise the productivity of agriculture in order to free labor and human capital to work in rural off-farms enterprises and eventually to migrate to town and cities.