Learning the culture of discussion
Kep City. Creating a school of communication does not mean only to get rooms, cameras, computers and microphones. Tools are evidently important, but great reporters and communicators can manage even without a laptop. Schools need especially masters of the skill. Some weeks ago – February 15 – the students of social communication of the Don Bosco Vocational Center got a real special visit: Photojournalist Arjay R.J. Stevens, a German national based in Cambodia since 1996.
About Albeiro RodasAlbeiro Rodas (in Cambodia Sky Ly Samnang), is a MA in Digital Communication, independent journalist and a Salesian of Don Bosco from Amalfi, Colombia, based in Cambodia since 1999. He is the creator of the Don Bosco schools of journalism in Sihanoukville and Kep with young people from poor communities and the founder of the Don Bosco Kep Children Fund. Medal for Social Commitment UPB (2010); among the 100 more upstanding Colombians abroad (Marca Colombia, 2012, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39xwdGtVXI) and among the 12 Colombians that are making this a better world 2013 (http://www.colombia.co/en/culture/colombians-that-are-making-this-a-better-world.html).
|Barang Farmer on Long holidays, slow devel…|
|Anonymous on Ten superstitions Cambodians b…|
|Anonymous on Don´t take night buses in…|
|Anonymous on Koh Tral on the table|
|Patricia Garcia on Cambodian scams|
Top Posts & Pages
- Ten superstitions Cambodians believe and maybe you don't know
- Deported from Cambodia
- More about Cambodian mentality
- The son of the snake, an erotic Cambodian symbol
- I’m sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling...
- Cambodian traffic practices
- My Asian conical hat
- Visiting the War Remnants Museum
- A Word on the Meaning of "Free Education" And the Culture of Aid Dependency
- Government toughens position on protests
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Viajes AngkorPara visitar Camboya, en realidad no hay que complicarse. Todo es venir, todos los países hispanohablantes no requieren una visa previa, así que basta con el pasaporte vigente por al menos seis meses, mostrar boleto de ida y regreso y ya estás en el país con una visa de turista de un mes. Asegúrate que … Sigue leyendo →