Scholarships for a university or polytechnic in New Zealand
The New Zealand Government, through the New Zealand Aid Programme, provides scholarships for eligible post graduate students from Indonesia, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Viet Nam and the Philippines to undertake development-related studies at a tertiary education institution in New Zealand.
If you are currently working in the public, private or civil society sectors, you may be eligible to apply for a scholarship to study at a university or polytechnic in New Zealand.
To be eligible for a New Zealand ASEAN Scholars Award, applicants must:
• be a citizen of Cambodia and be residing in Cambodia;
• be 35 years or younger at the time of application;
• hold a Bachelor’s degree, of strong academic merit, relevant to the proposed postgraduate qualification (Note: NZAID gives preference to candidates who do not already hold a graduate degree from an industrialised country);
• be applying to commence a new qualification (not seeking support for one already commenced);
• satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand education institution in which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English language criteria;
• have a minimum three years work experience in Cambodia in their relevant public, private or civil society sectors and at least two years of this must be after completion of their highest qualification;
• not have citizenship or permanent residence status for New Zealand, Australia or another developed country, or be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds, or who is eligible to hold, New Zealand or Australian citizenship or permanent residence status;
• not hold or have held a New Zealand Government or Australian Government scholarship in the preceding 24 months at the time of application (excluding previous NZAID English Language Training for Officials scholarship recipients);
• have a minimum IELTS (Academic) result of 5.5 overall, with no band less than 5.0*
(* Some candidates may be provided IELTS testing following their interview);
• be available to take up the scholarship in the calendar year for which the scholarship is offered.
Get application forms at the idp’s website.